“It’s close enough to walk comfortably with surf boards” – Rachel, Taunton
- According to Cornwall Beach Guide, Harlyn is one of the best family beaches in Cornwall.
- Harlyn Bay has half a mile of golden sandy beach. No shale or mud. See it for yourself on Google Maps.
- It has lifeguard cover throughout the summer.
- The Environmental Agency accredits Harlyn Bay for its high water quality and lack of dangerous currents.
Harlyn is excellent for surfing, with its shallow incline and northward direction. There are plenty of surf schools; but Harlyn Surf School has been consistently acclaimed by leading reviews, including The Times, Sunday Times, Guardian and Time Out.
We even have an exclusive 10% off deal on surfing and watersports packages on behalf of our guests. They offer tuition to all levels in a variety of watersports: including lifeguard and surf instructor courses, paddleboarding, kayaking and coasteering.
“Our dog being made so welcome is an important factor for us” – Susan, Kent
At the Polmark, the whole family is welcome, including your much loved pets. What’s more our beach is dog friendly (and not a lot are .!).. There are plenty of excellent coastal walks too.
In our experience, most pets are as sorry to leave as their owners!
Local Restaurants & Eateries in Harlyn Bay and St Merryn
We have an abundance all within 20 minutes walk or 5 minutes in the car from our beachside location.
- Cornish Arms
- Farmers Arms
- Harlyn Inn
- Olive Tree
- Rafferty’s Wine Bar
- Trevone Beach Cafe
- Trevose Golf Club
- View @ Harlyn Sands
- Cafe Margot
Local “Food to Go”
- Fryer Tucks – fish & chips, etc
- Food for Thought – Harlyn Beach
- Spring House – Chinese takeaway
- Thai Kitchen – Thai takeaway
Book Your Holiday Accommodation in Harlyn
Check availability and book your self catering holiday accommodation in Harlyn Bay, Cornwall.