Three Bedroom Cottage
- Cottage sleeps 6
- Balcony overlooking the courtyard garden
- Sea views
- Dog friendly
Tygry has a bright and modern upside-down layout (newly refurbished!) which makes the most of both the wonderful countryside and sea views. Situated just a two-minute walk from Harlyn Bay’s beautiful sandy beach, Tygry is located within a courtyard development and is an extension of the old Polmark House Hotel. Tygry is most definitely dog friendly, and two well behaved dogs are always welcome.
Tygry sleeps 6 people in three bedrooms which are all downstairs. Upstairs there is a large open plan living space, with a door leading out to a generous balcony. There is also a utility room on the ground floor which is perfect for storing wetsuits, walking boots, etc.
Tygry overlooks the courtyard and the beach is a 5-minute walk. Harlyn Bay beach has gorgeous sweeping white sand dunes and lively waves – perfect for a peaceful morning dog walk, an afternoon surfing or a walk along the coast to see the stunning landscape around Trevose head. Tygry is close to a number of beautiful beaches – in actual fact, ‘Seven Bays for Seven Days’. If travelling by car, it is a quick 5-minute drive to either Booby’s or Constantine Bay and not much further to either Trevone or Treyarnon Bay.
Sleeping and Bathroom Arrangements
The three bedrooms are all on the ground floor. This arrangement makes the most of the fabulous views of Harlyn Bay Beach, which can be seen and enjoyed by everyone when upstairs.
Bedroom One – Twin beds, with an ensuite
Bedroom Two – Double bed, adjacent to the main bathroom
Bedroom Three – Master bedroom, with a King-size bed, and an ensuite
Kitchen and Dining
A well-planned galley kitchen forms part of the upstairs open plan living space which also now features a bar area with new bar stools, and a new modern dining table which comfortably seats six. There is an electric hob, an integral fridge freezer, a dishwasher and a microwave. For 2021, there is a brand-new electric fan oven and new matching kettle and toaster.
The balcony overlooks the communal courtyard and is furnished with a brand-new bistro set consisting of a table and four chairs. The balcony is quite a suntrap and is the perfect place for a relaxed breakfast or a wind-down glass of wine in the evening.
The living room area is comfortable yet spacious, with plenty of room for everyone. There is a comfy three-seater leather sofa (complete with leg rest), an armchair and a recliner chair with matching footrest, for that extra level of relaxation.
Tygry has a wall mounted TV with Freeview channels and a DVD player. It is not a smart TV and doesn’t provide access to online channels such as Netflix.
The house has very effective central heating which makes it the perfect place for that Winter walking holiday, or a special Christmas or New Year get away.
Tygry has a washing machine and a tumble dryer downstairs in the utility room, with a hanging rack for wetsuits. There is a new laundry drying rack in the utility room.
Ironing board and iron are supplied.
All bed linen (single, double and king) and required towels (tea towels, bath sheets and hand towels) are provided.
What’s nearby in the local area?
Tygry is a five-minute taxi drive to:
- ‘The Pig’ – launched in 2020, the much-awaited ‘Pig’ Restaurant and bar are a great asset to Harlyn Bay. With a luxury boutique feel, it is located in the old manor house 5 minutes up the road, and offers amazing food and drinks, both indoors and out.
- Trevose Golf Club is on the doorstep with a variety of facilities to enjoy – and you don’t have to play Golf! Aside from the golf course, there are 3 tennis courts, a swimming pool and a restaurant. Best of all, there is a panoramic view of Trevose Head from the bar, which can be enjoyed by all as their bar is open to the general public.
- St Merryn is just 5 minutes away by car. There is a small selection of great shops – a general store, a surf shop, great Chinese and a lovely local bakery.
- Padstow offers a very reasonable selection of clothing shops and boutiques. As you would expect, there are a large number of restaurants, coffee bars and takeaways. You can find anything from a simple Cornish Pasty to the more sophisticated seafood platter.
- Harlyn beach is one of the best dog-friendly family beaches in Cornwall – a good length, with plenty of sand and rock pools, even at high tide. The beach is breath-taking with fantastic rock formations and small caves, overhangs are perfect to sunbathe and relax.
- Harlyn Bay is also well renowned for surfing; well-protected from the prevailing winds, yet still picking up plenty of waves. It’s a perfect place to learn to surf, and you will find that many surf schools do most of their training here.
- The beach and car parks have undergone some big improvements – there are now plenty of recycling bins available, and some new catering facilities at the top car park by the beach in case you’re feeling hungry, or need that afternoon coffee pick-me-up.